Visions Of CommUnity – A Glimpse of the Past and What’s to Come
October 8 @ 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Stroll through a self-guided tour of the developing Butler Cultural District with friends and family to enjoy art, performances, and culture.
Enjoy banner art displayed throughout the district and vote for your favorite banner. Take in some of Butler’s most beautiful churches and stained glass, tour Asian art, musical performances, and poetry readings, and reminisce about school days in the Butler Junior High Courtyard. You may even enjoy a church service or mass.
The price is $10.00 per person, and children 12 and under are free. Light refreshments will be served in various locations.
Registered attendees are to print their ticket or confirmation email and present it to BCD Event staff at the Covenant Presbyterian Church, 230 E Jefferson St. Butler, PA 16001-6007
Your tops will include:
- The Maridon Museum – Asian art exhibit and Butler County Symphony Orchestra artist’s performance
- Covenant Presbyterian Church – Butler Associated Artists will offer a “Member Show” of all mediums, Banner Art Show and Contest, Performances, and stained glass windows
- St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church – will be open and staffed for visitors from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm offering a brochure to hand out on the history of the church. They will also have entertainment every half hour from 2:30 to 5:30. Performances will be offered by:
- Vocalist and Saint Andrews Music Director Deanna Golden, accompanied by pianist Kathy Sawyer of Downtown Sounds Music Studio.
- Violinist Melanie Rodgers.
- In addition, local nature photographer Fred Young will host a display of some of his award-winning photos.
- All Saints Parish at St. Paul’s- and Mass at 6 p.m.
- Butler Middle School Courtyard – Banner art show, contest, and performances
- First Church – First United Methodist Church – Art Show by Sue Burtner and 6 p.m. Church Service
- Butler Public Library- Poetry walk, musical performance and poetry slam in the courtyard, banner art show, and contest
- First English Lutheran Church – Musical performances by Signe Mitchell on the organ and Jim Cunningham on trumpet
- Cedar Street Alley – Banner art show and contest, creativity tables
A full list of stops and activities will be provided in a program upon your arrival.
Then finish your evening with one of two incredible performances: