The Butler County Symphony Orchestra is looking for a full-time individual to assist the Executive Director and to serve as a representative of our institution. This position will entail 40 hours a week.
About Us: The Butler County Symphony Orchestra has been in existence since 1949 providing live symphonic and classical music entertainment to its audiences, as well as, providing educational outreach to its surrounding communities.
About the Role: You will serve as the initial point of contact for our patrons, musicians, vendors, and to the public with professionalism and personalized attention. You will perform general office operations and provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Music Director, Orchestral Manager, Librarian, and Board Teams as needed.
• Open and close the office. Greet visitors.
• Answer phone, process incoming mail, handle patron and management requests, return emails and calls in a timely fashion, maintain physical and online office files.
• Utilize Arts People software to process concert tickets, add patrons, maintain accurate database and create reports as needed. We will train.
• Monitor and order supplies as needed. Maintain marketing materials and reorder as necessary.
• Serve as Box Office Manager at concerts accurately entering and processing transactions.
• Assist Librarian with scanning/printing/and uploading music for musicians.
Program & Meeting Functions:
• Assist the Executive Director with planning and implementation of various initiatives, donor memberships and corporate sponsorship programs, prepare presentation materials, and grant writing as needed.
• Help prepare reports for Board and Team meetings, and research and prepare information for Team initiatives.
About You: The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize daily.
• 3-5 years of administrative assistance or management experience.
• Ability to work with various people in a professional and friendly manner.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Internet, QuickBooks, Social Medial, Dropbox, etc.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
• Knowledge of grant writing, fundraising and membership development a plus.
If you are ready to join our family, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com or mail to The Butler County Symphony Orchestra, 259 South Main Street, Butler, PA 16001.